What does it mean to take a systems view of a project? Is this a good way for an organization to view projects? Why or why not? What are the positives and negatives to the systems view approach?
1. The role of project manager is one who has the entire responsibility for the proper reviewing, project planning it, project design, project execution of the project, monitoring of the project, controlling the entire project and closing of a project. The two most critical and essential qualities that a good manager should possess or have are to be an excellent communicator and to be an honorable person (Mossalam & Arafa, 2015). I personally feel good about leading the project because I like to take initiatives and also like to give the best of the abilities. Moreover, my aim is to become a good manager.
2. The systems view of the project mean is to take and external and internal look at the functioning environment of the company. Yes, it is the right way for a company to view projects as it helps to understand a project in multiple scenarios which might occur and that will take forward to a good overall performance (Schwalbe, 2015). There are some advantages and disadvantages of system view approach such as
- It aims at a proper analysis of a company and their management.
- It eases the communication between the enterprise and its environment.
- It helps the manager to ignore analyzing issues in isolation and to built an integrated approach.
- It does not observe the variations in systems.
- Complex system
- Not practical or Unpractical.
- The system philosophy does not mention the nature of the communication or interaction and interdependencies.
Mossalam, A., & Arafa, M. (2015). The role of project manager in benefits realization management as a project constraint/driver. HBRC Journal.
Schwalbe, K. (2015). Information technology project management. Cengage Learning.