Discuss About The Some Assumptions Are Made For Development?
Some assumptions are made for the development of the network solution and preparation of the logical network diagram. The diagram is explained and an addressing model is used for the development of the network solution. The list of switching and the routing protocols required to be used for maintaining the efficiency of the network is also discussed in the report. The security mechanism and the flow of traffic from different tables are given in the report for reducing congestion in the network.
Aims and Objectives
The main aims and objectives of the project is to reduce the waiting time and remove congestion in the network. To reduce the time and cost of the network and also reduce the management cost. To secure the network from external access and remove the constraints for management of the different business operation.
List of Requirement
The requirement for the development of the network solution for A4A are as follows:
- To collaborate the different network of the university and the colleges for the including different business operation and increase the efficiency of the network.
- To implement the different network topology for the development of the network design and increase the efficiency of the information system.
- To respond to the querry of user at a fraction of second and reduce the waiting time of the user for adding information in the system.
- To increase the security of the network for blocking the external user to access the network components.
- To implement QoS in the network and implementation of VLAN for separating the network channel and reduce congestion in the network traffic.
- Deployment of a media server for managing the information system and record the different operation of the user recording the different information of the university and the colleges.
List of Assumptions
The following assumptions are made for the preparation of the network solution of A4A and increase the efficiency of the current system.
- It is assumed that the network engineer have efficient skills and knowledge for designing the network and connecting different network resources
- It is assumed that a proper network cabling plan is required to be implemented for traffic management
- The noise less situation is created for the network solution for reducing the risk of packet loss and transfer the data packets over the network
- The entry and the exit point of the network are secured with firewall and the firewall is configured aligning the business rules and policy for increasing the security of the network.
- The resources required for the development of the network would be available and the network would be developed according to it
- The proposed network solution would have low cost of maintenance and is created maintaining different standards
- It is also assumed that a static IP address would be used for the network devices connected in the network and the network would not support external devices to be connected in the network.
- The routers used in the network solution would be configured with standard access list and all the devices connected in the network would not be able to communicate with the outside network for security reasons.
Logical Network Diagram
Figure 1: Proposed logical network diagram for A4A
(Source: Created by author)
Explanation off the logical network deign
The logical network diagram is created using cisco packet tracer 6.2 and it demonstrated the different hardware used in the network and their connectivity. The University or the College Network is required to be connected to the information system and a central router of 2811 series is used for the management of the network. An wireless access point is installed in the network for management of the network devices and the access of the wireless network is prohibited to the external users. The main office of the network is designed to connect 150 computers, servers and printing device and the branch office network is designed to connect 250 nodes and servers. A network sniffer is installed in the network for analyzing the unusual traffic in the network and secure the network from DoS attack. The network is required to support BYOD and remote connection management is required to be enabled such that the employees can access the network from remote location and increase the efficiency of the network. The wireless access point is secured with WPA2 encryption algorithm for restricting the unauthroised user. A switch in the network is required to be configured with VLAN and the router is required to be configured with VPN allowing remote connection.
Justification of the logical design
The network design is proposed for the organization to increase the efficiency of the current framework. The servers installed in the network is required to be configured with an addressing model and it comprises of a progression of four numbers that extents at a range of 0 to 255 and they are essentially utilized by the switches for finding the distinctive devices associated in the system. If there should be an occurrence of naming model the hosts are given a name and it is finished by arranging the DNS server introduced in the system. The principle working of the DNS server is to tie the IP address with the name. Distinctive other administration can be utilized, for example, MS Windows Internet Naming Service however there is a restriction is commonly intended for good DNS servers.
Addressing and Naming Model
The naming and the addressing scheme is required to be added for the development of the network solution for the A4A solution. The organization needs to connect with different university network and a large number of IP address is required to be allocated to the device connected in the network. The implementation of disgraceful routing and naming plan brings about expansion of additional cost because of re arrangement of the system. The addressing plan is essential for simple administration of the advantages and the system devices introduced in the system.
For making the addressing scheme of the system intended for A4A the hosts are required to be isolated from the system. The PCs that are conveying straightforwardly ought to be kept in various subnet and a DHCP server is required to be designed in the branch office arrange for pleasing the hosts with auto created IP address (Jackson et al. 2014). The system of A4A is planned such that a solitary system address can be utilized and VLSM strategy can be utilized for sun partitioning the system. As A4A is a little association it can pick an irregular plan for instance the servers can be named on the name of Greek goddess and a subject is required to be chosen (Stevens 2016). The system hardware's introduced in the system can be named as the NFL quarterbacks. Picking great name is critical for expanding the productivity of the system.
List of routing and switching protocols
The routing and the switching protocols are used for the development of the network solution are as follows:
- Implementation of a layer 2 switch and configuration of different VLAN in the network using the command
- Configuration of the router with spanning tree and dynamic routing for connecting with the network elements and reducing congestion in the network traffic
- The routers are configured with EIGRP for sending and receiving data packets from different routers connected in the network and increase the efficiency of the network (Li et al. 2017).
- Configuring the switches with trunk protocol and encapsulation of the transmission channels for increasing the security of the network.
List of Security mechanism
The security mechanism followed for the development of the network solution are as follows:
- Authentication: the routers and the switch installed in the network is required to be password protected.
- Data Encryption: The data residing in the database server is required to be encrypted such if the data is accessed by any intruder it cannot be used.
- Physical Security: The server is required to be installed in rooms where the access of the normal employees is prohibited. The different networking device such as the routers and the switches are required to be installed in closed and increase the physical security of the device.
- Packet filtering: The packets coming from the unknown source or network address can be dropped by configuring the router with different packet filtering protocols. The deployment of the network sniffing tool helps in analyzing the network traffic and apply different inbound and outbound rules for filtering the packets.
- Implementation of Firewalls: The entry and the exit point in the network is required to be secured with implementation of firewall and it is required to be configured to restrict the unauthroised connection to intrude in the network. A set of security rules is required to be created and deployed for increasing the security.
From the above report it can be concluded that for designing the network of A4A a detailed analysis is done on the requirement of the organization. The network is designed for A4A for connecting with different colleges and universities and provide service to them. The network is required to handle the large amount of network traffic generated from the information system of the A4A. For the preparation of the report business and technical goals are analyzed and a list of the requirement is created for the development of the network solution.
Cardoso, A.J.F., Costa, J.C.W. and Franc?s, C.R.L., 2015. A New Proposal of an Efficient Algorithm for Routing and Wavelength Assignment in Optical Networks. Journal of Communication and Information Systems, 25(1).
Coskun, S., Ozgur, L., Polat, O. and Gungor, A., 2016. A model proposal for green supply chain network design based on consumer segmentation. Journal of Cleaner Production, 110, pp.149-157.
Jackson, D., Barrett, J.K., Rice, S., White, I.R. and Higgins, J., 2014. A design?by?treatment interaction model for network meta?analysis with random inconsistency effects. Statistics in medicine, 33(21), pp.3639-3654.
Li, H., Liu, Y., Ouyang, W. and Wang, X., 2017. Zoom Out-and-In Network with Recursive Training for Object Proposal. arXiv preprint arXiv:1702.05711.
Mijumbi, R., Serrat, J., Gorricho, J.L., Bouten, N., De Turck, F. and Davy, S., 2015, April. Design and evaluation of algorithms for mapping and scheduling of virtual network functions. In Network Softwarization (NetSoft), 2015 1st IEEE Conference on (pp. 1-9). IEEE.
Network, M.D.A.I.D., 2015. Critical Analysis & Proposal.
Pierce, J., 2016, June. Design Proposal for a Wireless Derouter: Speculatively Engaging Digitally Disconnected Space. In Proceedings of the 2016 ACM Conference on Designing Interactive Systems (pp. 388-402). ACM.
Righi, A.W., Saurin, T.A. and Wachs, P., 2015. A systematic literature review of resilience engineering: Research areas and a research agenda proposal. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 141, pp.142-152.
Saarman, E., Gleason, M., Ugoretz, J., Airam?, S., Carr, M., Fox, E., Frimodig, A., Mason, T. and Vasques, J., 2013. The role of science in supporting marine protected area network planning and design in California. Ocean & coastal management, 74, pp.45-56.
Stevens, K.A., 2016. Design Proposal: Peer Mentoring Program in SCHC.
Tian, Z., Huang, W., He, T., He, P. and Qiao, Y., 2016, October. Detecting text in natural image with connectionist text proposal network. In European Conference on Computer Vision (pp. 56-72). Springer International Publishing.
Zhu, E., Crainic, T.G. and Gendreau, M., 2014. Scheduled service network design for freight rail transportation. Operations research, 62(2), pp.383-400.