Qualifications: Bachelor and Masters Degree.
To secure a position where my qualities of fast learning, dedication towards work and my ability to acquire new skills and face new challenges can be utilized as an advantage for my organization.
Job Description: Community Advocate from 10th May 2010 to March 2016, Bhutan.
I am Rinchen and I have been working as a Community Advocate from 10th May to March 2016 in Bhutan. From the beginning of my career, I have started with the planning and implementation of various programs that took place recently within the Government of Bhutan. During this period, I actively participated in provide assistance to the disabled persons. I rendered valuable service in advocating various programs in both national and local elections to the public. I was involved in the implementation of programs in the local communities for the purpose of enhancing their well being. I have also designed programs in order to assist the disadvantaged group, requirements of individuals by providing adequate assistance to the individuals and their families. I was involved in the process of advocacy that has been made between the Government and vice-versa in order to address the issues by providing appropriate solution in building a healthy community within the social sphere. Being a community advocate, during that period, I have designed the micro financing program in order to resolve the financial difficulties for the purpose of improving quality of well being of life and welfare of the disadvantaged people of the society.
Bachelor Degree BBA
Master in International Development
University of Canberra
- Planning and implementing work strategies and programs within the Government policies in Bhutan.
- Actively took part in helping disability groups.
- Rendered service in advocating programs in national and local elections to the public.
- Implementing into local communities to enhance their wellbeing.
- Designed programs to assist the disadvantaged groups, individual needs and provide assistance to individuals and families.
- Advocating clients in order to resolve their issues.
- Working in collaboration with other professionals in order to analyze the physical and social condition of clients by assessing their needs.
- Visiting the families of the victims with a motive address their needs and necessities.
- Referring a client or the family of a client towards community resources for recovering from physical and mental illness.
- Proving access to the victims regarding services such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing, job placement and education.
- Community advocacy from 10th May 2010 to March 2016, Bhutan.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Internet Handling.
- Basic computer skills.
- Community Advocate.
- Problem Solver.
- Community Supporter.
- Knowledge and awareness of contemporary issues.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Writing letters and arrangement of regular meetings.
- Design program and advocating for implementation.
- Studding case-by case to sort-out the problems.
- Researching and analyzing community issues and needs.
- Developing, evaluating and maintaining Government’s resources and available assistance to people in the community.
- Advocacy for funding from the Government to public in implementing programs and new projects for grass-root
- Identifying issues and community’s need and resolving problem with the consultation with various and relevant other Government agencies
- Organizing Government protection, such environmental protection and Initiating micro-finance assistance to disadvantaged groups.
- Assessing risks and providing intensive programs for victimized women, children and disable people within Government assistance.
- Organizing awareness program, training and educating for disability group and assisting financially and emotionally to bring them into main stream.
Key Roles of a Profgram Coordination:
- Planning and implement work strategies and programs within the Government policies in Bhutan and implementing into local communities to enhance their wellbeing.
- Programs are designed to assist the disadvantaged groups, individual needs and provide assistance to individuals and families.
- The advocacy made in between the community and Government or vice-versa to pointed out the problem and reasonable solution to build a healthy community within its social and recreational activities
- The micro financing programs are also designed to resolve the financial difficulties to improve quality of wellbeing of life and welfare of the disadvantaged people of the community.
- Actively taking part in helping disability groups.
- Rendering service in advocating programs in national and local elections to the public.
- Having vested interest in development planning.
- Identifying the role of grant applications in relation to its budget.
- Community advocates should identify their community very well.
- Should be aware of the demographics of the community.
- Should develop ideas about the demographics of the community by active interaction with the census reports.
- Should have great knowledge regarding the areas of problems.
- Should have a good understanding regarding the improvement of different activities.
- Should create a direct link with the neighbors.
- Volunteering for the purpose of serving steering communities, action committees and community based planning teams.
- Respect for the communities they serve.
- Local participation in neighborhood planning and development meetings.
- Knowledgeable about their causes.
- Having relevant degrees in other fields including social issues and organizers involving political science, business, non-profit organization management, urban studies, or sociology.
- Must include public interest and community activists.
- Working for human rights, animal rights and environmental organizations.
- Raising funds in order to ensure efficient lobby for causes affecting the society or smaller constituencies.
- Serving as a liaison between a community and public agencies and government.
- Understanding the rights of the victims and their issues efficiently.
- Decision making skills and deciding which remedy will be appropriate.
- The actions taken must be confidential and free of costs.
- Decision must be taken independently.