Department of Bodily Therapy
The physician of bodily Therapy (DPT) program makes students to identify, evaluate and treat movement-related problems in a number of medical and community settings. The program emphasizes a collaborative learning environment combining strong faculty mentorship and state-of-the-art facilities and resources. Our cohort model helps to ensure that you will definitely form lasting relationships together with your classmates and build your professional system.
For more information concerning the Doctor of bodily treatment, go to temple.edu.
To learn more about visiting utilizing the Temple DPT system, click here.
You must have a bachelor’s level from an accredited organization to be considered for admission. A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 is necessary. This program also calls for some prerequisite courses. Find out more about program prerequisites.
View FAQ about the DPT system right here.
View recommended schedule for applying here.
Non-science prerequisites (data, behavioral science and psychology) are finished on the web. For science prerequisites the lecture portions (chemistry, physiology, physiology, biology, physics) could be taken on line nevertheless the laboratory component should be drawn in a traditional laboratory environment.
Prerequisites should be taken at an accredited university. Trade college courses are not appropriate. Courses taken at accredited community colleges are appropriate.
Whom should use?
Doctoral pupils come from everywhere and also have various educational backgrounds and levels. Recently admitted pupils have actually conventional backgrounds in exercise science and kinesiology and much more nontraditional backgrounds like party, engineering, English and sociology. The division additionally welcomes profession changers. Some pupils have now been out of college for more than ten years before entering the doctoral system.
Applying to Temple’s DPT System
Temple utilizes a holistic admissions procedure that includes key academic performance steps plus non-academic elements. We examine each application completely, interested in important elements of emerging healthcare providers and leaders, including educational aptitude, determination, empathy, inspiration, perseverance, professionalism, obligation and self-reflection.
- Applications: pupils must through bodily Therapy Centralized Application provider (PTCAS) for the DPT system. The documents the following will all be submitted through PTCAS.
- Official transcripts: publish transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions you’ve attended. Please mail your official transcripts to:
- PTCAS Transcript Department
- PO Box 9112
- Watertown, MA 02471
- Official GRE ratings: These should really be delivered straight to PTCAS utilising the Temple-specific rule: 7581. We do not have a minimum for GRE ratings but suggest that applicants attempt to earn ratings close to the average for admitted pupils.
- Reference Letters: Two letters are needed: one expert (from a physical therapist) and something academic (from a professor).
- Essay: The essay is needed within PTCAS application about your viewpoint on the career of physical therapy
- Volunteer/observational work in the field isn't needed although highly recommended
Notes towards application process:
- Prerequisite coursework can be taken at any accredited organization, including colleges, community universities and universities.
- Prospective pupils may be notified via email that their applications have entered the review procedure.
- Selected applicants will undoubtedly be invited for in-person group interviews to find out more about the program.
Additional Needs for Global Students
- TOEFL: For candidates whoever native language just isn't English, the TOEFL is necessary with the absolute minimum score of 79 regarding the iBT. These ratings is delivered officially to PTCAS utilizing the PTCAS-specific TOEFL rule of: 5312.
- A WES Evaluation (www.wes.org) is required for candidates whom finished their level outside the united states of america. This is often requested and submitted through PTCAS.
Early choice applications
Temple’s DPT program participates in PTCAS’s early-decision choice. Applicants must finish almost all their needed elements by the deadline specified by PTCAS.
The program will review and process applications which are designated very early decision to provide applicants with a choice prior to the general deadline (in late September). If you are considering the very early choice choice, email [email protected] for specific advising.
Deadline: Nov. 1
Temple University 3+3 Accelerated choice Applicants: If you are an incoming freshman and generally are thinking about applying for the Temple University 3+3 Accelerated choice, read more right here.
The DPT program is accredited by the *Commission on Accreditation in Physical treatment Education. Find out more about this system results and essential functions, or feel free to supply feedback, concerns or complaints concerning the system.
The Doctor of Physical treatment Program at Temple University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical treatment Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: [email protected]; web site: http://www.capteonline.org. If having to contact the program/institution directly, please phone 215-204-9066 or email [email protected]