Corruption (deception, betrayal, murder, supernatural)
Manliness (great at first, then it really works against him when it is corrupted)
Our primary theme is manliness. Because of the qualities that produce Macbeth a man, he either gets individuals to trust him or he trusts other people, which is our second theme. But Macbeth’s manliness is corrupted by outside impacts therefore causing betrayals committed by either him or other people. For that reason corruption and betrayal are our third and fourth theme.
Manliness is defined as:
1. Duncan’s talk to Malcolm showing his rely upon Macbeth.
2. Maidens appear while Macbeth and Banquo are walking following the battle. Macbeth trusts your message for the witches.
3. He trusts Lady Macbeth by divulging the prophecy told to him by the witches to her
4. Switching point: While speaking with Lady Macbeth, Macbeth gets to be more particular about his aspiration to become master. ( happens inside castle. Macbeth has conversation with woman Macbeth. In conversation he reveals master is in the castle and argues with lady Macbeth about killing Duncan and at the finish woman Macbeth convinces Macbeth to destroy Duncan.)
5. Kills Duncan = first betrayal (small betrayal as he could ben’t close, corrupted by wife as he taints his manliness with disloyalty)
6. Kills Banquo – second betrayal (first, he simply killed their closest friend and he betrayed their spouse as he failed to tell her. Their manliness additionally vanishes, as he doesn’t perform some deed himself)
7. Maidens appear to inform MacbethKills Macduff’s family (betrayal of honor and in addition a betrayal of the individual he once was)
8. Gets killed by Macduff (betrayed by person who needs to have been their thane and by the witches)
9. Donalbain gets corrupted by witches by trusting inside them (unlimited cycle of tragedy)
Ideas for symbolism/scenes in the movie:
Black gloves (programs Macbeth is switching dark as well as the fact that he really wants to hide the deeds that their fingers have actually committed)
Consider the length of the blade (should be faster as he loses trust)
Skin color of Macbeth
Young seductress witches vs old hag witches (becomes boys)
All scenes should start and end with a rhyme of some kind
Sergeant, please do share
Tell united states the way the battle fares
Is the enemy in despair?
And victory been declared?
My lord, the battle was quite stale
Both sides were about to bail
But when our side would fail
Valorous Macbeth donned their string mail
And the enemy commander, he did impale
Causing the enemy to turn end
Duncan: we many thanks for the good tidings. (Turns to Ross) i usually knew Macbeth had been my right-hand man. He's got proved himself today together with his prowess in battle. Come here Ross, hear my message and go on it to Macbeth.
Ross: i am going to see it done.
As Macbeth had been the manliest of all
Bestow upon him a worthy hallway (discussing the Thane of Cawdor)
For no favor is simply too tall
To give to the one who stopped my autumn
(Ross salutes and leaves)
Explanation of Scene 1: essentially, it shows that Macbeth is manly in a good way. He took “personal responsibility” and reduce the enemies himself. It demonstrates Duncan’s rely upon him that may u be betrayed.
Witch 1: Three honors you shall receive
But that is as long as you imagine
Witch 2: Due to your great ardor
You will be Thane of Cawdor
Witch 3: But there is one last swing
To the position of master
Macbeth will undoubtedly be great
But the inheritance for the state
Will be a child of Banquo’s fate
Macbeth: Woah, have actually angels descended to tell me my fate?
Banquo: Or will they be devils clothed in false clothes?
Macbeth: Hmm, there isn't any explanation to doubt a prophecy that bears no ill will in my experience. Innocent maidens for the night could not wish me personally harm and shame it could bring upon me personally to think…