Florida Tech Freshman AdmissionsApplying for Undergraduate AdmissionEssay PromptsFreshman Admission RequirementsApplying for Undergraduate Admission
Essay PromptsSee InformationCost, Scholarships, and AidMeet the Admissions TeamImportant Dates and DeadlinesAdvanced CreditAdmitted scholar InformationSpecial Programs and OpportunitiesEn EspañolForms and DocumentsContact Us
Florida Tech encourages students to use the essay prompts set forth by the most popular ApplicationTM, that are the following:
2018-2019 Essay Prompts
- Some students have a back ground, identification, interest, or skill that's therefore significant they think their application could be incomplete without it. If this sounds like you, then please share your story.
- The lessons we take from obstacles we encounter is fundamental to later success. Recount an occasion whenever you encountered a challenge, setback, or failure. Just how achieved it affect you, and exactly what did you learn from the experience?
- think about an occasion once you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What prompted your thinking? That which was the results?
- Describe a challenge you've fixed or a problem you'd like to resolve. It could be an intellectual challenge, a research question, an ethical dilemma — anything that is of personal value, irrespective of the scale. Explain its importance for you and what actions you took or could be taken to determine a remedy.
- Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked a period of individual development and a brand new knowledge of yourself or other people.
- Describe an interest, idea, or concept you find therefore engaging it makes you lose all tabs on time. How does it captivate you? What or who do you consider when you want to learn more?
- Share an essay on any subject of the choice. It can be one you have already written, the one that reacts to some other prompt, or one of the very own design.