Discuss About The Emerging Telecommunications Technologies.
In today’s society there is a significant economical and technological gap between the likes of a group of people who are embarked as the society of low-income personnel and the ones who are considered to be the ones with high source of earning. This distinction is considered the difference between the sub urban people and the urban elites. This gap in the society is not related to only the gap in the wealth but also gap in the usage of technology. The lack of technological efficiency has been the main reason behind this gap among the infrastructure of the society. Smart city proposal is the focal point of difference that acts to be main course of differentiation in the society. The report will discuss about the governance of the city using digital medium in order to stay updated to the fact of the status of the entire city under their governance. This report will also discuss about the maintenance of the economic infrastructure of the entire city by interconnecting the devices among themselves and gaining information about the stature of the economic condition of the smart city. This report will further discuss about the people who are being educated since their childhood for the enhancement of digitalization of their smart city due to the initiation taken by the government to promote their city as Smart city. This report will consists of the methodologies that are undertaken in the Smart cities in order to use the digital technologies to enhance the communication of the city using Internet of Things. This report will also discuss the advantages the internet of things platform provide to the communication of the city. This report will also discuss about the improvement of hospitality due to the usage of Internet of things. The procedures that gains importance in the access to the hospital infrastructure by the help if digital communication through the usage of internet of things platform. This report will also discuss about the intra connectivity of the residencies of the city using the internet of things platform. This report will also provide the literature review of the issues related to the platform of internet of things regarding the smart city formation. This report will also provide the literature review of the future research that must be done with the aspect of the platform of internet of things with respect to the smart city concept. This report will provide the literature review of the advantages and disadvantages of the taking into consideration the platform of internet of things for the betterment of the terminology of Smart city.
According to Paroutis, Bennett & Heracleous, (2014), Smart City has been acting as the municipality platform that uses the information and communication technologies based on the platform of the internet of things with digital communication techniques. This methodology of having an access to the entire city with respect to the administrative prospective by the government of the city as well as the residents of the city gets access to the required and authenticated information circulation. The process of using a single networking system for the connectivity of sll the computing devices in the city for circulation of data acts to be the main feature of Smart city that uses Internet f things as their platform to perform the methodologies. Again, according to Ali, Gao & Mileo, (2015, October) smart city has been acting as the business cluster in the focal point of the urbanization. The smart cities that use internet of things as the platform makes efficient usage of the infrastructure that are physical as well as virtual in nature. Despite the fact that smart city based on the platform of Internet of things is mainly focused on the virtual facts but it can be analyzed that smart cities are also dependent on the physical infrastructures like the built environments and other physical assets. Smart cities use data analytics and urban agglomeration with the help of artificial intelligence for supporting the economic and cultural development of the society. Bischof, Karapantelakis & Barnagh (2014) in their book stated that decision making in the platform of Internet of things with the help of e participation improves the intelligence of the city in a virtual way as the efficiency in decision making of the city that increases the probability of the correct decision making process. Again according to Bekta?, Crainic & Van Woensel, (2017) the collaboration of data management that utilizes the platform of internet of things are the functions of on line data base that is used for storage of the data that is evaluated during the process. This data enhances the developers to build the infrastructure f the platform with a lot of flexibility to support the processing of the Smart city in using the platform of internet of things. With the help of this infrastructure built by the developers, managing traffic has become a lot easier as it uses the technology of SCOOT for optimizing the timing of the scrolling of the lightings with the help of magnetometer. Loop is performed in order to coordinate with the flow of traffic. Electronic cards find its usage in the smart cities as the permission to have access to the restricted places. These cards are specifically encrypted for licensing the entry of the user to certain locations where denial is neutralized vy introducing the electronic cards in the field of restriction.
Smart economy in smart city
According to Lin, Sias & Wei, (2015), the basic concept of smart economy has been entering the scope of transaction of the mass. This type of transaction platform has been gaining increase in the usage because of the initiations taken by the developers to launch strategic and innovative upgrades that enables the mass t use the platform to use the platform with comfort and ease. This psychology gains the acceptance in the strategic planning of the project management. The specification of the smart economy has still been a point of concern as the technology is completely based on the functioning and advancement of the platform of Internet of Things. Again, according to Bakari & Mabrouki, (2017), with increase in the growth of technology the enhancement of the smart economy has gained global acceptance and has been an ever-evolving process. The main reason of the growth of smart economy is that it provides a universal platform for the global traders to gain access to the universal products and make transactions with international traders. This aspect of increasing the versatility of the marketing feature of the platform makes this technology more famous. The transaction between organizations located in far location is being possible due to the fact of the vast technological networking of the platform provided by the internet of Thing, which finds its usage in smart cities.
Smart mobility in Smart City
According to Djahel, Muntean & Murphy (2015), with the emergence of smart phones, the entire corporate sector has been facing evolution in the aspect of the revolutionary growth in the platform of the internet of things. With increase in the acceptance of the internet of things as a platform, the entire business associations have been changing from the basic manual controlling of their function to the automation theory of deployment of the internet of platform techniques. The main importance of internet of things in mobility in smart cities are that the facilities of tracking of the location of the vehicle. This tracking of vehicles allows to save time of the clients with the help of the platform provided by internet of things. Again according to Petrol, Loscri & Mitton, (2017) the increase in the usage of the platform of internet of things in the field of smart mobility has been an blessing for the mankind as the transparency in the platform of communication has been on an increasing node as the gradation system among the client and the travelling agencies has been introduced. The gradation system has been proving to be beneficial for the evaluation of the services that the organization was providing. Fortino & Trunfio, (2014), stated that the emergence of internet of things has been reaching heights in the field of communication. This includes booking of the vehicles with the help of smart phones. This field of business has been the highest growing business among all the communication businesses. The business seeks emergence, as the efficiency in the mode of communication with respect to time has been the main benefit for this platform. With decrease in time to spare from the client end the efficiency of this infrastructure is put into use to get the proper mode of communication. The platform provides efficient mode of communication to the clients that use the platform provided by internet of things.
According to Aguilar, Camacho & Ch?vez, (2017, October), smart environment basically depict the social environment that is inhabited with electronic devices. This inhabitation of electronic devices leads to the betterment of the working as well as the social environment of the smart city. This entire methodology is performed with the help of the support provided by the platform created by the internet of things. This socio economic environment leads to the betterment of the living process in the smart city. This procedural methodology enables the users to stay updted with the socio economic status of the smart city as well. Mattoni, Gugliermetti & Bisegna, (2015), in their book stated that the smart city that possess a smart environment can be broadly classified in 3 broad categories, they are namely: -
- Virtual Computing environment – the process of controlling several hardware computing system with the help of a single networking system that has the virtual environment installed in the computing device of the initial and the leading computing device.
- Physical computing environment- the physical computing environment of the process depicts the hardware system that preinstalled embedded systems installed in it for the processing of the entire service. This processing consists of the functionality of the hardware oriented devices that has the embedded systems installed and use the preinstalled systems to evaluate the functioning of the device and work according to the reference model.
- Human environment- this methodology is one of the most processed methodology as in this case humans collectively has the smart devices that helps them to stay updated with the smart environment with the help of the smart devices. Health care has been also using the vision of internet of things to advance in the field of neurological science.
According to Delmastro, Arnaboldi, & Conti, (2016), technology has been transforming the corporate as well as the social society and molding the same in the pattern that is suitable for the usage of the platform that is being introduced by internet of things. The people dwelling in the smart cities are all oriented with smart technologies. Due to the fact that technologies prevent individuals to do repetitive jobs, the technology is widely accepted as it saves time for the individual. This save in time from the clients point of view, the technology has been of great use. The usage of smart technologies by the regular mass has made the society an efficient with respect to the functioning point of view. Sanseverino, Sanseverino & Vaccaro, (2016), in their book stated that due to the emergence of the technology using the platform that resides on Internet of Things provide smart people the efficiency that has transformed their life from fast life to happening life. This change in their lifestyle leads to the fact that not only the lifestyle of the citizens of the smart city have changed but has become a lot more efficient in nature. Due to this efficiency the corporate sectors dwelling in the smart cities are hugely benefitted as the production rate of each individual increases which leads to the fact that the turn-over per annum also increases leading to the expanding of the corporate sectors.
According to Boes, Buhalis & Inversini, (2015), the people living in the smart cities are all well equipped with the gadgets and technologies that have been using the platform provided by the Internet of Things. This phenomenon of being surrounded by the technologically updated gadgets helps in increasing the technological efficiencies in the aspect of growth in the methodologies used in the processing of the social and economic factors. The smart technologies that are being used in the process of the life cycle of the citizens of smart city are namely the smart phones that help in gaining access to the data that has to be circulated over the city. Another device that finds its use in the process of smart living of the smart people that dwell in the smart city are the computing devices that the people uses in order to stay in the contact with the regular updates that are occurring in regular aspect of the daily life. According to Teufel & Teufel (2015, December), the smart living of the citizens of the citizens of the smart city also include the technologies that enhances them for staying connected with the happenings f the city. The government also takes into consideration the whereabouts of the citizens when the citizens of the smart city are performing any kind of activities.
Foray, D., David, P. A., & Hall, B. H. (2015) in their book stated that the initiation of a smart city is not initiated by the smart people using the technologies that uses smart platform but by the usage f the smart technology by the government of the city is the main reason of success in the smart cities. The smart that have gained importance in the recent years are the cities that has government that has the government supporting the technology behind the smart city and using the technology themselves which increases the efficiency of the methodological governing of the city. According to Chang, Wang & Wills, 2018, the cities whose government utilizes the fact of smart technology for the betterment of their cites have been developing in a rate much faster that the rate of the cities that has not deployed the technology of smart technology in their platform. This technological spear of the governing body helps the city to grow in a fast rate which is due to the fact that the cities will have the infrastructure to govern their people efficiently due to the fact that the government has the control over the situation of the people dwelling in their cites as the government will have a proper control over their situation. Due to the fact of excess control over the city the government can access the major issues that affect the work culture of the city and improvement can be brought in the city.
According to Lom, Pribyl & Svitek, 2016, May, smart city consisted of their environment that is smart in nature. The smart environment constitutes the factor of smart transportation as the main event for the digitalization of the city. Smart transport consists of the fact that the transport technologies that are being used are completely based on the digital platform to enhance the fact of digitalization in the city. This digitalization supports the fact of technologies that are present in the transportation field of the city that makes the usage of the same much easier than the regular manual usage of the transportation service. The emergence of the transportation platforms namely the platform that enables the clients to use the technology that ensures the booking of the transportation means that ensures the ease of ease of usage of the transporting medium that takes into account the platforms that ensures the online booking of the cabs and the bus seats. This benefit includes the processing of reserving seats in the train.
- Aguilar, J., Camacho, O., & Ch?vez, D. (2017, October). Social set points definition based on trajectory for control systems in smart classrooms. In Automatic Control (CCAC), 2017 IEEE 3rd Colombian Conference on(pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Ali, M. I., Gao, F., & Mileo, A. (2015, October). Citybench: A configurable benchmark to evaluate rsp engines using smart city datasets. In International Semantic Web Conference(pp. 374-389). Springer, Cham.
- Araya, D. (2015). Smart Cities and the Network Society: Toward Commons-Driven Governance. In Smart Cities as Democratic Ecologies(pp. 11-22). Palgrave Macmillan, London.
- Bakari, S., & Mabrouki, M. (2017). Impact of exports and imports on economic growth: New evidence from Panama. Journal of Smart Economic Growth, 2(1), 67-79.
- Bekta?, T., Crainic, T. G., & Van Woensel, T. (2017). From managing urban freight to smart city logistics networks. In Network Design and Optimization for Smart Cities(pp. 143-188).
- Bhati, A., Hansen, M., & Chan, C. M. (2017). Energy conservation through smart homes in a smart city: A lesson for Singapore households. Energy Policy, 104, 230-239.
- Bischof, S., Karapantelakis, A., Nechifor, C. S., Sheth, A. P., Mileo, A., & Barnaghi, P. (2014). Semantic modelling of smart city data.
- Boes, K., Buhalis, D., & Inversini, A. (2015). Conceptualising smart tourism destination dimensions. In Information and communication technologies in tourism 2015(pp. 391-403). Springer, Cham.
- Boreiko, O., & Teslyuk, V. (2016). Developing a controller for registering passenger flow of public transport for the smart city system. ????????-??????????? ?????? ????????? ??????????, (6 (3)), 40-46.
- Cai, P., & Jiang, Q. (2018). GIS spatial information sharing of smart city based on cloud computing. Cluster Computing, 1-9.
- Chang, V., Wang, Y., & Wills, G. (2018). Research investigations on the use or non-use of hearing aids in the smart cities. Technological Forecasting and Social Change.
- Dameri, R. P. (2015). Urban Tableau de Bord: Measuring smart city performance. In From information to smart society(pp. 173-180). Springer, Cham.
- Dameri, R. P. (2017). Urban Smart Dashboard. Measuring Smart City Performance. In Smart City Implementation(pp. 67-84). Springer, Cham.
- Delmastro, F., Arnaboldi, V., & Conti, M. (2016). People-centric computing and communications in smart cities. IEEE Communications Magazine, 54(7), 122-128.
- Djahel, S., Doolan, R., Muntean, G. M., & Murphy, J. (2015). A communications-oriented perspective on traffic management systems for smart cities: Challenges and innovative approaches. IEEE Communications Surveys & Tutorials, 17(1), 125-151.
- Etezadzadeh, C. (2015). Smart City–Future City?: Smart City 2.0 as a Livable City and Future Market. Springer.
- Foray, D., David, P. A., & Hall, B. H. (2015). Smart specialisation. Routledge.
- Fortino, G., & Trunfio, P. (Eds.). (2014). Internet of things based on smart objects: Technology, middleware and applications. Springer Science & Business Media.
- Lin, M., Sias, R., & Wei, Z. (2015). Smart Money”: Institutional Investors in Online Crowdfunding. URL semanticscholar. org/9ca7/06ef61a150657023811c50476358be8e83d1. pdf. Working Paper.
- Lom, M., Pribyl, O., & Svitek, M. (2016, May). Industry 4.0 as a part of smart cities. In Smart Cities Symposium Prague (SCSP), 2016(pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Mattoni, B., Gugliermetti, F., & Bisegna, F. (2015). A multilevel method to assess and design the renovation and integration of Smart Cities. Sustainable Cities and Society, 15, 105-119.
- Paroutis, S., Bennett, M., & Heracleous, L. (2014). A strategic view on smart city technology: The case of IBM Smarter Cities during a recession. Technological Forecasting and Social Change, 89, 262-272.
- Petrolo, R., Loscri, V., & Mitton, N. (2017). Towards a smart city based on cloud of things, a survey on the smart city vision and paradigms. Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, 28(1).
- Sampson, R. J. (2017). Urban sustainability in an age of enduring inequalities: Advancing theory and ecometrics for the 21st-century city. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 114(34), 8957-8962.
- Sanseverino, E. R., Sanseverino, R. R., & Vaccaro, V. (Eds.). (2016). Smart Cities Atlas: Western and Eastern Intelligent Communities. Springer.
- Teufel, S., & Teufel, B. (2015, December). Crowd Energy Information Security Culture-Security Guidelines for Smart Environments. In Smart City/SocialCom/SustainCom (SmartCity), 2015 IEEE International Conference on(pp. 123-128). IE