The following are the research objectives of the study:
1. To evaluate the existing strengths and weaknesses of Wild bean caf? in the context of the food and beverage industry of New Zealand.
Wild bean caf? is one of the brand of BP and being a leading brand the caf? serves the coffee which is 100 % sustainable. It has an outlet on every BP petrol station and it serves 1200 service stations in UK. Wild bean caf? is not an independently owned coffee house and is a franchise of BP and it provides a variety of foods ranging from coffee to sandwiches, burgers and snacks. Good quality of foods are available at reasonable price and provide great value of meal deal throughout the day ( 2016. Web. 3 June 2016). After conducting a research on the wild bean caf?, it has been posed with several questions:
Wild bean not being an independently owned coffee house is exposed to several risks. The good coffee house is not which serves only good food, but the location, service and the products make it a good coffee house. The outlet of caf? is located only in the petrol stations and this could limit the growth of the caf?. So the independency of the caf? is a question which could limits its growth. Since the Wild bean caf? is not an independently owned firm, so the rights and decision taking authority rests with BP, so this could pose a threat to the growth and prosperity of caf? ( Brooks et al., 2014).
The offer made by wild bean caf? is in association with BP and it could be withdrawn at any time without prior notification. This would leave the customer dissatisfied and there is also possibility of losing customer who has been attracted by this particular offer.
Another research question came up with the wild bean caf? is its location and the area if its presence. Since the caf? has its outlet only in the BP petrol stations , that is its outlet is confined only to the petrol stations of BP. This would also limit the growth of Wild ban caf?. The research has been conducted and a qualitative analysis of several factors which affects the caf? performance has been done. Interviews and focus grouped discussion has been done in the informal environment (Goodrich, 2015) .
The questions have been asked such as frequency of going to the caf?, person visited the wild bean caf?, reason of liking the caf?, any other services which should be availed. To increase the satisfaction, willingness to spend more if extra service is provided, whether they want the outlet to be opened in some other areas , people who think that the current outlets is too far from their comfort. After conducting such grouped discussions, it was concluded that the two questions needs focus.
The following are the research objectives of the study
- To evaluate the existing strengths and weaknesses of Wild bean caf? in the context of the food and beverage industry of New Zealand
- To examine the motivational level of the employees of Wild bean caf? and its impact on the businesses
- To identify the zone on strategy clock in which the wild bean cafe lies
The above three research objectives have been chosen in order to assist the researcher to meet the research goals and objectives. In addition, to these objectives it helps to know about the potential of this cafe and its operating performance in the gas stations of BP. For, the evaluation of the first objective, the researcher will have to conduct an in-depth internal analysis. Since, it will help the researcher to identify the prime strength and weaknesses of Wild bean caf?.
For the evaluation of second objective, the researcher will have to assess the motivational level of the employees. In this study, the researcher will utilize Herzberg two-factor theory, as it will provide the caf? an indication the kind of strategy the caf? has to implement in order to motivate all the employees to give their best at the workplace. The Wild bean caf? will utilize Hertzberg theory because it will allow the researcher to evaluate all the factors related to the motivational level of the employees. Furthermore, as Hertzberg divided the motivational factors of the employees in two different segments, it will help Wild bean caf? to cover all the factors related to the motivational level of the employees. For the evaluation of the third objective, the researcher will focus on the third strategy clock of Wild bean caf?.
Figure 1: Strategy clock
(Source: Goodrich 2015)
The below mentioned are the relevant research issues
- Time constraints - Limitation of time is one of the primary research issues. Gathering enough data within a fixed time was not possible. This shall hamper the research process in a considerable manner
- Limited resources - A restricted budget has an adverse influence on the research study. Thus, adequate resources were not offered for the purpose of the research study.
- Threat from competitors - The presence of substitute brands can pose a significant threat to the business sustainability of Wild Bean Cafe.
- Inflation - The rise in the prices of goods would have a negative impact on the annual sales revenue of Wild Bean Cafe. Thus, curtailing the prices of products sold to consumers remains a pertinent issue for the brand.
Brooks, G., Heffner, A. and Henderson, D., 2014. competitive knowledge from social media for a small start-up business. The Review of Business Information Systems (Online), 18(1), p.23.
Goodrich, R., 2015. examples, templates & definition.Business news daily.